If you are looking for a great seafood restaurant in Bayside, Melbourne then Lobster Cave is the place to be. Established in 1987, we are reputed as the best seafood restaurant in Melbourne.
Freshly sourced, our culinary platters- be it Mooloolaba whole jumbo king prawns, extra-large Moreton Bay bugs, Clyde River Grande Pacific oysters, or jumbo W.A. scampi - celebrate the abundance of fresh quality seafood Australia has to offer.
Loaded with freshness and flavour you will experience the finest quality of Bayside dining in Melbourne. Our delectable meals of whole cooked jumbo prawns, oysters, grilled scallops and salt and peppered calamari are of the finest quality, all year round.
Be spoilt for choice with our distinctive selection of 5-star cuisines of the sea and a generous selection of wines and coffees.
We also have a selection of delicious choices just in case you have dietary restrictions.
Lobster Cave Staff
The Lobster Cave is a HACCP certified restaurant and our food safety practices, sanitation and hygiene standards are set and upheld to an extremely high standards at all times. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we’re committed to taking immediate action, monitoring health recommendations and acting accordingly to ensure our customers feel at ease when dining with us.
We anticipate no impact to our service and will continue running our restaurant as usual with no interruption. Rest assured we’re working very closely with our suppliers to source the highest quality and freshest produce available, that is handled with the utmost care.
Below are the precautions we’re taking to ensure our environment, customers and staff remain protected:
• Wet towels are placed at each table setting
• Hand sanitisers are available in the restaurant on request
• Increased sanitation with antibacterial solution of tables, candle holders, salt & pepper shakers, menus, billfolds, cutlery, crockery, glassware and high touch surfaces (door handles, touch screens, EFTPOS terminals)
• Bathrooms are cleaned and sanitised every hour during service
• Staff will refrain from personal contact such as handshakes, hugging etc.
• We’ve reduced our number of tables to allow for larger distances between our customers
• We offer meals for take away and apply a 25% discount for all full priced pickup orders. We can bring the food to your car or the front entrance. We can process payments over the phone or can bring the EFTPOS terminals to you.
At this time, all of our employees are healthy and following strict procedures including:
• Washing hands for 30 seconds with soap and hot water before and regularly during shift
• Not permitted to attend work if they are even slightly unwell
• Attending daily meetings before service discussing best practice health tips
We request our valued customers to:
• Practice good respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue and dispose of the used tissue immediately.
• If you have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, please re-book your reservation for another time and stay at home
On behalf of the hospitality industry, we encourage you to continue dining out to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and occasions, not only to our establishment but to others to help keep the industry alive and passionate hospitality staff employed. Please check in, tag and engage with us on social media.
Thank you for your continued trust in us. We look forward to continue delivering you an amazing dining experience at the Lobster Cave.
Dear Valued Customers
The ‘Perfect Christmas Gift’ voucher promotion that was available for purchase in December 2019, was designed, sold and intended for inhouse dining only.
At the time of promoting and selling these vouchers, it was prior to the unforeseen Coronavirus outbreak. Since then, the Government has ordered for all restaurants to cease operating until further notice. It is for this reason that the Lobster Cave has developed and introduced a Take-Away and Home Delivery model, with the sole purpose of keeping our staff employed throughout the Coronavirus crisis. It is not financially sustainable for the Lobster Cave to honour the promotional ‘Perfect Christmas Gift’ vouchers with our temporary business model. As there is a three year validation period, we welcome all purchasers to redeem their vouchers once our restaurant is able to reopen for inhouse dining. Thank you for your understanding during this time.